Monday, March 23, 2020


Good morning friends,

Today I would like to offer you these words from the Heidelberg Catechism. They have brought comfort to many Christians throughout the centuries and have long been some of my favorite words in our Book of Confessions.

Q1. What is your only comfort in life and in death?

A. That I am not my own,
but belong--
body and soul,
in life and in death--
to my faithful Savior, Jesus Christ.
He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood,
and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil.
He also watches over me in such a way
that not a hair can fall from my head
without the will of my Father in heaven;
in fact, all things must work together for my salvation.
Because I belong to him,
Christ, by his Holy Spirit,
assures me of eternal life
and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready
from now on to live for him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. Amen.

- Pastor Tim

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and comforting thought. I have shared it with family out of state. Thank you for your continuing care for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for giving us encouragement for our day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many negative messages coming at us each day on TV or in our email. Reading the blogs from you and Sarah is like receiving a gift that is always good news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankful for the uplifting message and thought provoking questions you raise!

    ReplyDelete