Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Where Did You Feel God's Presence Today?

During times like these, times when we are being asked to make sacrifices, when over 40,000 people in our country have died from COVID, when we see videos of armed protests on the news, when our leaders aren't unifying us but dividing us, when we find ourselves disagreeing with our friends over when we should "re-open" - I think it's important for us to stop at least once each day and ask ourselves, "Where did I feel the presence of the Lord, today?"

For me, it was yesterday morning at 8:30 a.m. The doorbell rang and it was the 6-year-old girl who lives down the street, out for a walk with her mom. I usually see this little girl at the bus stop in the mornings when I walk the dog. She loves our Tilley! With school out these last several weeks, I haven't seen her in a while. She's not up when I walk Tilley at 7:00 a.m., and I'm usually working when my wife walks Tilley in the afternoon and she's outside playing in the yard.

Anyway, I opened the door and there she was standing on the sidewalk, practicing good social distancing! When she saw me she jumped up and down and yelled, "Mr. Tim! How's your eye?!?!" When I told her it was getting much better, she asked, "Can you and Tilley come out to play?"

This absolutely made my day! In these last few weeks I've been making a lot of driveway visits. This is the first time, however, that I have been the one visited. It was delightful!

Last evening, as I was reflecting on the day, I realized that this little girl, who wanted to know how my eye was doing, and who wanted me and my dog to come out and play, had been the presence of the Lord for me that day. Thank you, God, for Addie, a soothing balm in the midst of a world in turmoil. 

What about you? Where did feel God's presence today?

PT

4 comments:

  1. Love that - what a blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gave me goosebumps. Thank you for sharing God's love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz Peebles brought us the movie Faith Like Potatoes from the church library. It’s the true story of how God changed Angus Buchan from an angry farmer to evangelist. Amazing story! Plus Angus has an app. Every morning we start our day with a word from him.

    ReplyDelete